Welcome to the homepage of the Programming, Logic and Semantics group at
ITU. The PLS group is one of the seven research groups at ITU (for the
others, please visit the research
of ITU's homepage).
The PLS group conducts research in the theory of programming languages and logic. The aim of this research is to provide the tools allowing for future software to be safe, reliable and trustworthy, and the competences of the group span from mathematical modelling and reasoning to implementation of tools. The research interests of the group currently span the following areas: Logics for reasoning about programming languages, programming language design, proof assistants, type theory, denotational semantics, concurrency and security as well as applications of these topics to digital elections, business process modeling and other topics.
Recent and upcoming news
- Graham Hutton (Nottingham) visits Nov 23-24. Host: Patrick Bahr
- Jon Sterling (Aarhus) visits Nov 8-11. Host: Rasmus Møgelberg
- Adele Veschetti (University of Bologna) visits Oct 7 - Nov 6, 2022. Host: Marco Carbone
- Philip Munksgaard (DIKU) visits Oct 3-14, 2022. Host: Marco Carbone
- Philipp Stassen (Aarhus) visits Sept 29-30, 2022. Host: Rasmus Møgelberg
- The Independent Research Fund Denmark funds the project Algebraic Effects and Guarded Recursion, 2022-2025. The project will fund one postdoc for 3 years. PI: Rasmus Møgelberg
- Magnus Baunsgaard Kristensen graduates his PhD, June 15, 2022. The committee consists of Andrew Pitts, Bas Spitters and Carsten Schürmann.
- Alejandro Aguirre visits April 7-8. Host: Rasmus Møgelberg
- Patricia Johann visits Dec 13-15, 2021. Hosts: Rasmus Møgelberg and Carsten Schürmann.
- Niccolo Veltri visits PLS, Dec 6-10, 2021. Hosts: Rasmus Møgelberg and Andrea Vezzosi.
- Dawit Tirore joins PLS as PhD student, Oct 2021.
- Antoine van Muylder visits PLS, Sept - Nov 2021. Host: Andrea Vezzosi.
- Maaike Zwart joins PLS as postdoc Sept 1, 2021.
- Frederik Haagensen joins PLS as a PhD student, July 2021.
- The Independent Research Fund Denmark funds the project MECHANIsation of Session Types (MECHANIST). PI: Marco Carbone, Co-PI: Jesper Bengtson, funded by the Independent Research Fund Denmark, 2021-2024. The project will fund one postdoc.
- Christian Uldal Graulund graduates his PhD, Feb 12, 2021. The committee consisted of Andreas Abel, Bob Atkey, Carsten Schürmann
- Ieva Daukantas joins PLS as a PhD student, Jan 2021